A full list of publications by Paul Bacsich from his work not only at Matic Media Ltd but also Sero Consulting Ltd and all his previous employers can be found on Researchgate.
This page is the repository for the documents produced from the work Paul Bacsich and colleagues carried out on Costs of Networked Learning and related projects.
In this section you will find the various individual chapters of the Introduction to Virtual Universities and e-Universities, based around cases, issues and themes in higher education distance e-Learning.
A complete collection of all the UKeU Reports, originally published in 2004 by the Higher Education Academy (Now AdvanceHE).
In this section you will find reports on each deliverable of the POERUP project. All are available to download.
This section provides evaluation reports on each VISCED deliverable, along with both VISCED handbooks. All are available to download.
This section provides the main outputs for this project. All are available to download.
Further Key Publications from Paul on behalf of Matic Media Ltd
- Lessons to be learned from the failure of the UK e-University: originally published in: Breaking Down Boundaries, ODLAA conference, Brisbane, 9-11 November 2005 this version also published in the conference book Breaking down Boundaries: Global perspectives in Open and Distance Learning associated with the conference full version eventually published in October 2010, available at http://www.scribd.com/doc/39811726/Lessons-to-be-learned-from-the-failure-of-UKeU
- Re.ViCa Handbook, Reviewing the Virtual Campus Phenomenon, (joint author) December 2009, available at http://www.slideshare.net/pbacsich/revica-online-handbook
- Benchmarking E-Learning in UK Universities: Lessons from and for the International Context, first presented at M-2009 ICDE/EADTU conference, Maastricht, June 2009, later published in Open Praxis, http://www.openpraxis.com/files/Bacsich%20et%20al..pdf
Presentations from Paul on behalf of Matic Media Ltd
- Where in the world is e-learning?, invited keynote to the Aprenred V conference, University of Guadalajara, Mexico, October 2010, available at http://www.slideshare.net/pbacsich/virtual-campuses-the-latest-overview
- The UK approaches to quality in e-learning (as seen from the HE Academy/JISC benchmarking programmes and more recent developments including Re.ViCa and the DL benchmarking club), invited presentation to the ENQA Workshop on Quality Assurance of e-Learning, Sigtuna, Sweden, 7-8 October 2009, available at http://www.slideshare.net/pbacsich/enqa-paul-bacsich-final
- The national UK universities benchmarking e-learning programme, paper presented to EADTU conference, Poitiers, September 2008, available at http://www.eadtu.nl/conference-2008/Proceedings/QA%20-%20Paul%20Bacsich%20-%20National%20UK%20Universities.pdf
- Implications for Brazil of lessons learned from distance learning providers in other countries, Invited presentation to Chamber of Deputies Seminario Internacional sobre Educao a Distancia, June 16, 2008 – Brasilia, Brazil and later published
- How successful is Swiss Virtual Campus? Benchmarking with other national programs, presentation given to the Swiss Virtual Campus SVC days workshop, Basle, 13-14 March 2006
- Quality-driven innovation: case study of the UK e-University, invited presentation to EFQUEL conference, Berlin, 29-30 November 2005
- Standards, quality assurance, best practice and benchmarking, invited presentation to Colombia Aprende conference, Bogota, 4-5 August 2005